This acclaimed Craftsman home has been thoughtfully modernized with utmost sensitivity to its classic design. A lush garden and enchanting front porch with handsome river-rock columns welcome you into a truly special home. The living room will charm you with its box-beamed ceilings, paneled walls, and a river-rock fireplace. The formal dining room can host large and formal dinners, and the kitchen has been luxuriously updated to satisfy the most demanding of cooks. A breakfast nook with built-in banquette is set perfectly into a corner overlooking the rear yard. 3 bedrooms—including a full-floor suite upstairs—3 baths, and a study offer flexibility in the floor plan. Loaded with period details, the home also features contemporary conveniences, home theater system, custom cabinetry, air conditioning, ample closets, workspace, garage, and full basement.
- Designed by the notable Walter H. Ratcliff, Jr., one-time Berkeley City Architect, and known as the Laura Chamberlain House
- Set like a jewel in one of Berkeley’s most cherished tree-lined neighborhoods, a short walk to Claremont, College, and Domingo cafes and shops
- 2240 sq ft per appraisal; lot 5,500 sq ft per tax records (data not warranted by agent)
- Built 1910 per historical records (via BAHA) and 1915 per tax records
- Zero pest!
* Offered at $1,900,000.
* Sold for $2,600,000.
* Represented Seller in the transaction.